There will be a mobile shred truck on location at Glacier Bank in Polson to shred your personal documents for free (limit 2 boxes). MONTANA SMP and Bank staff will be available with tips to help consumers protect themselves from identity theft.
Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest growing forms of consumer fraud. Glacier Bank and MONTANA SMP are committed to educating the community about preventing identity theft. We are partnering with local agencies to encourage recycling and destruction of personal items and documents in a secure manner.
Glacier Bank is dedicated to supporting our community through community involvement, education and special events. Shred Day addresses the ever increasing threat of Identity Theft, and is aimed at educating people to protect themselves against this threat.
Inviting: Polson Business Owners
Attendees: Peter Hamilton High School Principal, Rex Weltz Superintendent,
Jimmie Rude Montana Registered Apprenticeship
To Expand WORK-BASED LEARNING or a continuum of activities that engage employers and extend the classroom into the workplace, connecting acquired knowledge and skills to a student‘s future employment and/or secondary educational opportunities.
Why would local businesses want to be part of Work-Based Learning:
- Students would apply to work two hours a day in your business and local business would receive a tax break from the Department of Labor and Industry.
- We have 240+ unfilled jobs as of 5/6/2019 at the Polson Job Service.
- Students who choose to not attend college right away will have work experience and the soft skills necessary to be employable.
- Our goal is to get 60% of our Senior class in work-based learning opportunities.
The objective of the Meeting:
- What the vision of work-based learning for Polson School and Community?
- What are the benefits of the school?
- What are the benefits to local business?
- What can schools do to help local businesses?
- What is the plan for next year?
- How can you get involved?
- Mr. Hamilton firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Weltz Rweltz@polson.k12.mt.us, Jimmie Rude JRude2@mt.gov
On Monday’s, North Lake County Public Library offers, “Makerspace” (for school age children). Everyone is welcome!
Our 2019 Shred Day event is free to all Credit Union members and the public. Bring any unwanted paper documents, especially ones containing personal and confidential information, to one of our event locations to have your materials safely and securely destroyed on-site at no charge. Shredding is first come, first served. When the trucks are full, shredding will no longer be available.
Do you dream of building your own home? This construction workshop is for you! Learn how to make those dreams a reality:
– Informative speakers
– Grand prize drawing*
– Q&A after presentation
*Must be present to win. No purchase necessary. You do not need to be a Glacier Bank customer to enter; being a customer does not increase your odds of winning.