Inviting: Polson Business Owners
Attendees: Peter Hamilton High School Principal, Rex Weltz Superintendent,
Jimmie Rude Montana Registered Apprenticeship
To Expand WORK-BASED LEARNING or a continuum of activities that engage employers and extend the classroom into the workplace, connecting acquired knowledge and skills to a student‘s future employment and/or secondary educational opportunities.
Why would local businesses want to be part of Work-Based Learning:
- Students would apply to work two hours a day in your business and local business would receive a tax break from the Department of Labor and Industry.
- We have 240+ unfilled jobs as of 5/6/2019 at the Polson Job Service.
- Students who choose to not attend college right away will have work experience and the soft skills necessary to be employable.
- Our goal is to get 60% of our Senior class in work-based learning opportunities.
The objective of the Meeting:
- What the vision of work-based learning for Polson School and Community?
- What are the benefits of the school?
- What are the benefits to local business?
- What can schools do to help local businesses?
- What is the plan for next year?
- How can you get involved?
- Mr. Hamilton email@example.com or Mr. Weltz Rweltz@polson.k12.mt.us, Jimmie Rude JRude2@mt.gov