To our Polson Chamber Community:
Montana Aware is statewide effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 by promoting safety measures for those traveling in the state. We are committed to protecting the health of residents and visitors, and ask that you do the same.
What We’re Asking You to Do
If you’re planning to travel through Montana, please:
- Know the local public health guidelines before arriving to your destination
- Understand some services & destinations may be limited
- Stay home if you are sick
In Montana, it’s important to:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain social distance (at least 6 ft. apart)
- Wash your hands & use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs & sneezes
Ways to Explore Responsibly
- Plan Ahead
- Check for closures or limited services before arriving.
- Pack your own water, food, trash bags, masks and soap or sanitizer.
- If you destination is too crowded, have a backup plan.
- Keep Space
- Keep six feet away from others. In crowded spaces, indoors or out, please wear a mask.
- Explore with you family or household and avoid big groups.
- Be Respectful
- Respect guidelines to help keep yourself and others healthy.
- Respect the land and help preserve our natural wonders for everyone to enjoy.
- Respect people and local communities by helping protect their public health.
- Explore Locally
- Pick a basecamp and choose local adventures.
- Support local businesses.
- Protect the Outdoors
- When giving people space, watch where you step and stay close to the trail.
- Pack up any trash and minimize your impact.
- Keep a safe distance from wildlife, too.
The Polson Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- CDC Overview: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
- Protecting Yourself and Your Family: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
- If You Think You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- Lake County Public Health: https://lakecountypublichealth.org/
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes: http://www.csktribes.org/coronavirus-update
- Polson School District: https://www.polson.k12.mt.us/updates
- Boys and Girls Club: https://www.flatheadbgc.org/
- North Lake County Public Library: https://northlakecountylibrary.org/
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare: https://www.krh.org/krhc/patients-and-visitors/covid-19-preparedness-and-updates
- St. Joseph Medical Center: https://www.providence.org/patients-and-visitors/coronavirus-advisory
- St. Luke Community Healthcare: https://stlukehealthcare.org/covid-19/